Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies <3 Olivia
Christmas cookies… I have been on a sweets binge and it is mostly due to the huge amount of yummy cookies that my mom made. This recipe is from Martha Steward and they were soo delicious. The chocolate thumbprint stays soft and fudge-like. This recipe makes about 50 cookies.
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies:
– 1 cup and 3 tbs. butter, at room temperature
– 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
– 1/4 tsp. salt
– 2 tsp. vanilla extract
– 2 & 1/2 cups flour
– 3 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, chopped
– 1 tsp. corn syrup
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large bowl, beat together 1 cup butter, the sugar, salt, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. You could probably do this without the electric mixer. Slowly beat in the flour.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Form dough balls with your hands, using about 2 tbs. of dough per cookie. Place the balls on your baking sheets about 1 inch apart from one another. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
3. Once the cookies are cool enough to touch, press a deep thumbprint in each cookie. Return cookies to the oven and continue baking until the edges begin to brown, about 7 more minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
4. In a very small pot, combine the chocolate, 3 tbs. butter, and corn syrup and heat on low, stirring constantly until it is combined and melted. Once it is melted, remove from heat.