Sweet Potatoes with Walnut Brown Sugar Crumble <3 Olivia
Sweet Potatoes with Walnut Brown Sugar Crumble:
– 4 sweet potatoes
– 1 egg
– 3 tbs. milk
– 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
– 2 tbs. sugar
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 2-4 tbs. butter, melted (depending on how indulgent you are feeling, anywhere in the range works)
– 1/4 tsp. salt
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup flour
– 1/4 cup butter, softened and cubed
– 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts (or pecans)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Place sweet potatoes in oven and cook until soft, about an hour/hour and fifteen minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, scoop out the soft, cooked sweet potatoes. Mix in all of the ingredients for the filling and mix well.
3. Smooth out your mixed filling in an 8×8 glass baking dish.
4. In a medium size bowl, combine all ingredients for the topping and mix well so the butter forms clumps with the sugar and flour, and there are no big butter pieces left uncoated. Pour out the crumble on top of the filling and cover evenly.