Caramelized Pearl Onions with Bacon <3 Olivia
Caramelized Pearl Onions with Bacon:
– 1 bag frozen pearl onions
– 3 strips bacon
– 1/4 cup water
– Salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
1. Cook the bacon in a pan/skillet to the desired crispness, set aside on a paper towel. Chop the bacon into small pieces when cooled.
2. Using the same pan that you cooked the bacon in, heat to medium heat and add the water. Once water is hot/almost bubbling, drop the pearl onions on the pan and cover. Cook, covered, for about 5-10 minutes, or until soft. Remove the cover and continue cooking, until the water is evaporated and the onions begin to brown and caramelize.
3. Once the onions are beginning to brown, turn down the heat and add bacon, salt, pepper, and garlic powder (to taste). Give it a good mix together, remove from heat. So easy.
Enjoy ❤ Olivia