Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Lemon Butter <3 Olivia
Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Lemon Butter:
– 1 lb brussel sprouts
– about 4-5 tbs butter (if you want to be healthy use olive oil…maybe sub in some broth)
– 1 lemon
– 3-4 cloves garlic
– salt and pepper, to taste.
1. Start by cutting off the stem of your sprouts and peeling off the outer leaves. Cut each sprout in half.
2. Mince your garlic, set aside.
3. Cut up your lemon so you are ready to squeeze the juice in the pan.
4. Heat a fry pan to medium-low heat and add in the butter. Once it begins to melt, place the sprouts, cut side down, like this:
5. Cook the sprouts for about 10 minutes, or until the bottoms are caramelized and golden brown. Flip your sprouts and continue cooking on the other side for about 5-7 minutes.
6. When your sprouts are about as soft as you would like them, stir in the garlic and juice from 1 lemon. Mix well and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.