Sweet Potato, Carrot, Potato Latkes <3 Olivia
This picture is not doing the latke justice. I love latkes, but I wanted to try a variation that would offer a little more nutrition, so I added sweet potatoes and carrots to the mix- but I still fried them! Baking them probably would work also though. This blend was really delicious. I like my latkes with some applesauce, but sour cream or ketchup also works.
Sweet Potato, Carrot, Potato Latkes:
– 1 sweet potato
– 1 russet potato
– 3 carrots
– 1/2 onion
– 2 eggs
– 3 tbs flour
– salt and pepper, to taste
– Oil for pan frying (approximately 1/4 cup)
1. Wash and peel your vegetables. Julienne or shred your vegetables (I just used a vegetable peeler and then chopped roughly). Chop onion into small pieces. Combine all into one bowl.
2. Mix in your egg, flour, salt & pepper; mix well.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan to about 375 degrees, or just when small bubbles begin to form. Drop your latkes in the oil and fry on each side, for a few minutes per side, or until golden brown. Carefully remove the latkes from the oil and place on a paper towel to dry.
4. Serve with applesauce, sour cream, or ketchup, or plain! Enjoy.