Eclair Icebox Cake <3 Olivia
This is a really quick dessert to whip up and it is soooo good. So good my boyfriend and I ate the whole thing in 12 hours, and I woke up at 3am to spoon feed it to myself straight out of the fridge. I did not come up with this own on my own, I found many recipes for this cake on Pinterest, but have incorporated my go-to chocolate frosting recipe (it is really, really delicious), rather than boxed frosting (yuck). This recipe uses Cool Whip, which I have always had an aversion to, but in this cake, it works.
Eclair Icebox Cake:
– 1 box graham crackers
– 1 small tub Cool Whip
– 1 box vanilla instant pudding mix
– 2 cups cold milk (I used 1%)
For the chocolate frosting:
– 2 cups confectioner sugar
– 3 tbs. cocoa powder
– 3 tbs. cold milk (I use 1% usually)
– 6 tbs. butter, softened
– 3/4 cup chocolate baking chips (I used semi-sweet, but milk works too, depending on what you want)
– dash of salt
1. In a large bowl, mix your pudding mix and the milk with a whisk. Beat for 2 minutes then add in the Cool Whip. Stir well.
2. In an 8×8 glass dish, form a layer of graham cracker, you will have to break some pieces to fully cover the bottom. Then spread a layer of your pudding/whip mix evenly over the crackers. Alternate cracker and pudding layers until you are out of pudding. End with graham crackers on top. I had 4 graham layers in mine at the end.
3. Chocolate frosting: In a separate bowl, combine the butter (melted), cocoa powder, and 1 cup of the confectioner sugar. Stir well.
4. Add in the milk, remaining cup of sugar, chocolate chips (melted), and a dash of salt. Mix well.
5. Now you can top your graham cracker cake with the chocolate frosting. I suggest using a spatula to spread the frosting evenly over the top. Now you are done! Refrigerate the cake for 3+ hours (the more the better) to allow the graham crackers to soften and fluff up.
I am definitely making this again.
mmm ❤ Olivia