Butternut Squash Soup <3 Olivia
Part of the butternut trilogy (ravioli, seeds, soup). I made this soup using leftover from my Butternut Squash Ravioli recipe. If you only want the soup, I listed some directions later in this post. The soup is really delicious, sweet, and salty. Have the soup with some crusty bread or small salad and you have yourself the perfect meal.
Butternut Squash Soup
– Mashed, roasted, and seasoned butternut squash (leftover from the butternut squash ravioli recipe-if you are not using leftover following the directions below)
– 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
– 1/2 cup cream (or half and half)
– 2 carrots, chopped
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 tsp. pepper
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1 tbs. olive oil
– If you are not using leftovers from the other recipe:
1. cut 1 SMALL (the leftover was about 1/2 a regular size squash- so use a small one or double the other ingredients) butternut squash in half and roast, cut side down, at 425 degrees for approximately 40 minutes.
2. Once the squash is done (easily pierced with a fork) allow it to cool. You can then begin to peel away the skin until it is all removed.
3. Place squash in a large bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Add in 1/3 cup chopped sage and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
– Pick up here if you are using leftover squash from the ravioli recipe:
4. Heat a large pot to medium-high heat. Add in olive oil, carrots, and onion. Cook for about 7 minutes, or until soft, stirring every minute or so.
5. Add in your broth, squash mash, salt and pepper. Mix well. If you have an immersion blender you can use it now. I do not have one and I did not mind the consistency as is, it was still pretty smooth.
6. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat. Add in the cream, stir well. If you have a regular blender or food processor you can blend the soup now, or leave as is. I left mine just the way it was and it was delicious!
ENJOY ❤ Olivia