Pumpkin-Doughnut Muffins with Vanilla Brown Sugar Glaze <3 Olivia
I love cake doughnuts so logically a doughnut muffin would be amazing. This recipe calls for a lot of different ingredients (I used apple sauce and greek yogurt to lighten things a little… but it by no means is light) but most of these things will already be in a well stocked kitchen.
This recipe is huge. I made 72 mini muffins (so about 36 regular size). I wanted to use all my pumpkin but if you don’t want to have a ton of indulgent cupcakes in your kitchen I would cut the recipe in half, or even 1/3.
– 5 cup flour
– 4 tsp. baking powder
– 4 tsp. cinnamon
– 1 tsp. nutmeg
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. baking soda
– 2 & 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
– 1 6oz container plain greek yogurt
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– 1/4 cup apple sauce
– 2 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 & 1/2 cup brown sugar (I used light)
– 1/2 cup white sugar (could probably sub out for all brown and be fine)
– 4 eggs
– 1 & 1/2 stick butter, softened
– 2 cups confectioner sugar
– 2-3 tbs. milk
– 1/4 tsp vanilla
– 2 tbs. brown sugar, more for dusting
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Combine the softened butter and sugar in a medium size bowl. Beat together until soft and fluffy.
2. Add in the eggs and combine well.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine all other remaining ingredients. It will be a thick dough, mix well.
4. Combine the butter/sugar/egg mixture into your big bowl with all the remaining ingredients. At this point I got out my hand mixer because 1. I just bought it 2. this was a huge bowl of very thick dough. I think you could mix it by hand just fine though, if you put a little muscle into it.
5. Pour your batter in lightly greased or lined cupcake tins (I did half regular and half mini). Place in oven and bake for approx. 14 minutes (probably around 18 for a regular size muffin) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Mix together your glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Once the muffins are cool enough to work with, apply glaze with a butter knife and immediately sprinkle with brown sugar (if you wait the glaze will harden).
ENJOY ❤ Olivia