Kale Chips <3 Olivia
Kale chips are very popular right now and first I thought, ok kale chips… that sounds sort of like a downgraded version of the potato chip, but its actually really delicious and good for you. It is easy to get several servings of Kale when munching on these. I seasoned mine with salt, garlic, and a little parmesan but you could experiment with different seasonings, or just stick with salt.
– 1 bag or 1 head kale (I had a 2lb bag of pre-cut/pre-washed kale and used 1/3)
– 1-2 tbs. olive oil
– dash of salt, garlic powder, & parmesan
Preheat oven to ~325 degrees
1. If you don’t have precut kale, wash the kale you do have and cut it into pieces roughly the size of a potato chip.
2. Dry kale out very thoroughly, when I used a head of kale I actually individually dried each piece out on a towel because getting all the water off is important for getting a crisp chip-this is why the bag saved me a lot of time.
3. Place the kale in a large mixing bowl and toss with olive oil-just enough to very lightly coat the kale.
4. Lay out kale in a single layer on baking pans with parchment paper or aluminum foil (I prefer to use parchment paper for most recipes because nothing ever sticks).
5. Sprinkle generously with salt, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
6. Place in oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes. It is important to check the kale throughout the cooking process, it can go from mushy to perfect to charred quickly. Once it is light, crispy, and still green take it out and eat!