Bratwurst, Roasted Potatoes & Sauerkraut <3 Olivia
Here is a way to use all the sauerkraut you have just made. Inspired by delicious German/Polish feasts, you get that tangy/salty kraut to complement the sausage and potatoes. Shout-out to some random Brooklyn warehouse bar where I had some great midnight kraut with bratwurst that inspired this recipe and the entire kraut endeavor.
Bratwurst, Roasted Potatoes & Sauerkraut:
– 4 bratwurst or kielbasa sausages. Or really any kind you want.
– 8-12 red potatoes (or whatever kind you want- if you use baking potatoes then 3-4)
– 1/2 or 1 yellow onion (optional)
– 2 cloves garlic (optional)
– 1 tbs olive oil
– Pinch of salt, pepper
1. Cut up the potatoes into small cubes, approx. 1 inch each. I left the skin on. Oh and preheat the oven to ~400 degrees.
2. Cut up the onions into 1 inch pieces
3. Peel the garlic
4. Place the potatoes, onion, and garlic in a baking pan and toss with olive oil. I put aluminum down to make cleaning easier- that and my pans are already burnt and nasty without it. Place the sausages in the middle of the pan. Roast entire pan for about 25-45 minutes, depending on how long it takes the potatoes to be as soft as you want. The sausage will be cooked after about 20 or so minutes. Rotate food within the pan 1x during cooking.
5. Place on a plate with a scoop of your kraut and enjoy your feast.