Apple, Raisin, & Carrot Muffins <3 Olivia
These apple, raisin, and carrot muffins have oats and a hint of cinnamon– it is soo good, especially in autumn. Weird that pic is on top of my AC unit but whatever. The recipe is pretty light and I eat them in replacement of a granola bar during the day, but they would also be great for breakfast or a dessert.
Apple, Raisin, Carrot Muffins:
Makes 12 muffins
– 1 egg
– 3/4 cup milk (I have used whole or fat free-any is fine)
– 1 cup raisins
– 1-2 green apples
– 1-2 carrots
– 1/4 cup oil
– 1/4 cup applesauce (you can sub oil for applesauce and vice versa)
– 1 cup flour (white or whole wheat is fine)
– 1 cup quick oats
– 1/3 cup sugar (white or brown is fine)
– 3 tsp. baking powder
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
– 2& 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop your apple(s) into 1/2 inch cubes. Peel carrots using peeler. Chop the peeled carrot into smaller pieces.
3. Beat egg in large mixing bowl.
4. Combine all ingredients, including the apples, carrots, and raisins, in the large bowl with the egg. Mix by hand until combined. It will look like this:
5. Pour batter into lightly greased muffin tins. Pop in the oven for 15-22 minutes or when a toothpick comes out clean.